As a Servicedesk Officer for the Operations team, you are the first contact for our clients and end-users regarding the applications we have developed. On a daily basis you process client requests and make sure they are understood clearly and documented correctly.
You work closely with our Development Teams in order to have software issues fixed and tested properly. It is important that you are not afraid to keep asking questions to retrieve the right information from a client or colleague. We are looking for a great communicator with analytical skills.
- Analyze every request you’ll receive, keep asking questions until there’s a clear understanding of what the problem actually is
- Solve problems you can do yourself, or forward the issue to the Product Owner of Development team
- Keep track of the duration of all the issues and make sure SLA’s are being met, in order to constantly improve customer satisfaction
- In some cases this could imply that you’ll have to call your colleagues for accountability
- To ensure a consistent improvement cycle for our customers, over time you will be able to recognize a certain pattern.
- Consult on a weekly base with Management Team to maintain or adjust SLA’s
- Maintain a high touch relationship with our customers, either by phone or by e-mail, especially when solving issues takes longer than expected
- Document every step and every decision made in the process
- Maintain and continuously actualize documentation of issues
Preferably, but not necessarily, you have a background in IT Systems, with up to a few years of relevant work experience. An excellent command of Dutch and English, in word and writing, is a must. We consider it to be a big plus when you know how to work with JIRA, HTML, CSS and SQL and have affinity with Education Technology and Learning Management Systems.
INTERESTED? WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
The role could be subject to change, depending on how you will evolve and grow within this role. You’ll have the opportunity to really make it your own. We love to see you grow, and therefore we have a personal training budget for every single employee within EDIA. Our philosophy is ‘finding simple solutions to complex problems’.
At EDIA we encourage our employees to proactively present their own ideas and initiatives. We offer a great place to work, in a beautiful historic building with a large garden in the lively city centre of Amsterdam. We work with the latest technologies and provide a very open culture where we are really proud of what we do.
There is a personal atmosphere at EDIA - relaxation and sociability are found to be just as important as hard work. Every day we enjoy a healthy lunch together in the cosy basement. During summer, we regularly hangout after work, light the barbecue and have a beer together or enjoy a glass of wine.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU WANT TO APPLY OR HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR VACANCIES?
Please send your brief motivation and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Direct your application to Michael de Rooy
The application process can take several weeks. You will receive a confirmation message that we have received your application. Within a few working days we will let you know if you are going to be called for a phone intake.
Because of the nature of our projects, we'll ask all employees to submit to an antecedents research (VoG).
For any questions you can call us at 020-716 36 12 (ask for Michael de Rooy) or send an e-mail to our general e-mail address email@example.com We look forward to your response!
PS. Do not contact us if you are a recruiter or if you represent a recruiting agency.