EDIA offers a job at an ambitious and cutting-edge software company in the lively city center of Amsterdam. In the role of DevOps Engineer you’ll get to work in a small team but your work will be greatly noted!
You are going to develop new infrastructures, maintain existing systems and facilitate our development teams with your knowledge and issue resolving capabilities. On a daily base you will cooperate with our Developers, Product Owners and of course your two direct colleagues.
- Establish new systems, for instance: Linux servers, webservers, application servers, loadbalancers, databases
- Maintain existing systems hosted by our hosting provider, on AWS and on our clients’ infrastructure
- Troubleshooting web applications (Java/Tomcat based) and all other related technologies, such as Linux, TCP/IP, Databases
- Continue building development environment for continuous integration on Gitlab, Jenkins and/or Jira
- Monitor and analyze performance with New Relic, Icinga /Nagios, Elasticsearch
- Integrate new technologies such as microservices and containers (docker)
- Write Puppet modules and scripts with Python, Perl or Bash
- Must-have: solid experience with maintenance of Linux-systems. Experience with related systems like virtualization and
configuration management with Puppet or Chef is a (very) nice to have
- Experienced with maintenance of web applications and knowledge of related technologies, such as web servers and Tomcat.
- Network technologies like http, tcp/ip, routers and load balancers should have no secrets for you
- Lots of experience with maintenance and use of MySQL and MongoDB
INTERESTED? WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We love to see you grow, and therefore we have a personal training budget for every single employee within EDIA. Our philosophy is ‘finding simple solutions to complex problems’. At EDIA we encourage our employees to proactively present their own ideas and initiatives. We offer a great place to work, in a beautiful historic building with a large garden in the lively city centre of Amsterdam.
We work with the latest technologies and provide a very open culture where we are really proud of what we do.
There is a personal atmosphere at EDIA - relaxation and sociability are found to be just as important as hard work. Every day we enjoy a healthy lunch together in the cosy basement. During summer, we regularly hangout after work, light the barbecue and enjoy ourselves a cold beer or a glass of wine.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU WANT TO APPLY OR HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR VACANCIES?
Please send your brief motivation and your resume to email@example.com. Direct your application to Michael de Rooy
The application process can take several weeks. You will receive a confirmation message that we have received your application. Within a few working days we will let you know if you are going to be called for a phone intake.
Because of the nature of our projects, we'll ask all employees to submit to an antecedents research (VoG).
For any questions you can call us at 020-716 36 12 (ask for Michael de Rooy) or send an e-mail to our general e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to your response!
PS. Do not contact us if you are a recruiter or if you represent a recruiting agency.